I had no choice but to put down the coffee cup and grab the camera this morning. As you can see in today’s featured photo, the hardwood trees are mostly bare. The softwoods are the flora stars of this morning’s momentary sunrise show, caught unfolding before the backdrop of Pitchoff and Cascade Mountains.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
maple syrup Wildflowers backcountry skiing Snow Pics skiing Whiteface Mountain Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid the lake Telemark Tuesday Ziggy Snow outdoor living wellness Mt. Marcy swimming Lake Placid Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack views Summer outdoors Fall Fall foliage Bears eye candy The Adirondack Lifestyle Spring Wildlife cross-country skiing Nordic skiing Adirondack Great Camp outdoor recreation Real Estate trail running Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather deer Moose Alpine skiing yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Real Estate Market nature foliage Road Cycling hiking
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid