I had no choice but to put down the coffee cup and grab the camera this morning. As you can see in today’s featured photo, the hardwood trees are mostly bare. The softwoods are the flora stars of this morning’s momentary sunrise show, caught unfolding before the backdrop of Pitchoff and Cascade Mountains.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid Spring cross-country skiing hiking Lake Placid Real Estate Nordic skiing Snow Moose wellness outdoors Ziggy Fall Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Real Estate Market Real Estate nature swimming Lake Placid the lake Alpine skiing Summer Mt. Marcy yoga skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Great Camp maple syrup Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack views weather Wildflowers outdoor recreation Road Cycling Bears trail running Telemark Tuesday backcountry skiing Snow Pics deer Fall foliage foliage eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor living Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid