As you can see in this evening’s view from Le Petite Great Camp, late summer sunsets in the Adirondacks can put early foliage to shame. The rosy pink evening light that now reflects on our southern view is a reminder winter’s Alpenglühen is not far behind.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
nature outdoor living Black bears Nordic skiing hiking Lake Placid deer Fall Summer Snow Lake Placid Real Estate Whiteface Mountain skiing backcountry skiing cross-country skiing Ziggy Wildflowers Moose Fall foliage trail running Mt. Van Hoevenberg Spring outdoors Wildlife Snow Pics Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory maple syrup Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack Real Estate Market foliage Adirondack Lifestyle wellness yoga Adirondack views weather eye candy The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor recreation Telemark Tuesday Mt. Marcy Real Estate swimming Alpine skiing Bears
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid