In typical Adirondack weather fashion, the climate went from cold, to hot and dry, to rainy and warm in one week. As you can see, hardwood leaves are sprouting green and opening before our eyes. Like a rain forest, it is a colorful, sensory extravaganza in the Adirondacks these days. Last evening’s rainbow was accompanied by raucous spring peepers. Wildflowers are in full bloom, instantly verdant moss and ferns prove they love the rain, and defying human logic but perhaps teaching us a lesson, birds sing through the spring showers.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
wellness The Adirondack Lifestyle weather cross-country skiing Bears outdoor recreation Nordic skiing Fall nature Wildflowers Adirondack Real Estate Market yoga Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Moose eye candy Adirondack views deer Whiteface Mountain Snow Pics Summer backcountry skiing Fall foliage Spring outdoor living foliage Wildlife Snow hiking Adirondack Lifestyle Alpine skiing Adirondack Great Camp swimming Real Estate Mt. Marcy skiing Ziggy Lake Placid the lake Telemark Tuesday maple syrup outdoors trail running Lake Placid Black bears Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid