In typical Adirondack weather fashion, the climate went from cold, to hot and dry, to rainy and warm in one week. As you can see, hardwood leaves are sprouting green and opening before our eyes. Like a rain forest, it is a colorful, sensory extravaganza in the Adirondacks these days. Last evening’s rainbow was accompanied by raucous spring peepers. Wildflowers are in full bloom, instantly verdant moss and ferns prove they love the rain, and defying human logic but perhaps teaching us a lesson, birds sing through the spring showers.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
backcountry skiing cross-country skiing maple syrup Wildlife Snow Lake Placid Real Estate Real Estate weather deer Mt. Marcy foliage Adirondack Property for Sale Spring skiing Bears yoga The Adirondack Lifestyle nature outdoor recreation wellness Fall foliage Mt. Van Hoevenberg trail running Fall Lake Placid Alpine skiing Whiteface Mountain hiking Wildflowers Snow Pics eye candy swimming Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Great Camp Nordic skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid the lake outdoor living Road Cycling Adirondack views Telemark Tuesday Ziggy Moose outdoors
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid