In typical Adirondack weather fashion, the climate went from cold, to hot and dry, to rainy and warm in one week. As you can see, hardwood leaves are sprouting green and opening before our eyes. Like a rain forest, it is a colorful, sensory extravaganza in the Adirondacks these days. Last evening’s rainbow was accompanied by raucous spring peepers. Wildflowers are in full bloom, instantly verdant moss and ferns prove they love the rain, and defying human logic but perhaps teaching us a lesson, birds sing through the spring showers.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Real Estate Snow Pics Wildlife Adirondack Great Camp swimming deer trail running outdoor recreation Adirondack Real Estate Market yoga Road Cycling Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Spring cross-country skiing maple syrup skiing Snow foliage The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg eye candy Lake Placid the lake weather hiking Adirondack views Fall Mt. Marcy Alpine skiing Telemark Tuesday Lake Placid Moose Bears nature outdoors Adirondack Property for Sale wellness Fall foliage Wildflowers outdoor living Whiteface Mountain backcountry skiing Nordic skiing Lake Placid Real Estate
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid