In typical Adirondack weather fashion, the climate went from cold, to hot and dry, to rainy and warm in one week. As you can see, hardwood leaves are sprouting green and opening before our eyes. Like a rain forest, it is a colorful, sensory extravaganza in the Adirondacks these days. Last evening’s rainbow was accompanied by raucous spring peepers. Wildflowers are in full bloom, instantly verdant moss and ferns prove they love the rain, and defying human logic but perhaps teaching us a lesson, birds sing through the spring showers.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
eye candy Fall Adirondack Great Camp backcountry skiing nature Adirondack views Nordic skiing hiking Snow Lake Placid the lake outdoors Moose Fall foliage trail running outdoor recreation swimming Mt. Van Hoevenberg wellness skiing Mt. Marcy Ziggy Wildlife deer Snow Pics Real Estate The Adirondack Lifestyle Summer Alpine skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory maple syrup yoga Spring Seasons Lake Placid Adirondack Real Estate Market Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain Wildflowers Bears cross-country skiing foliage Telemark Tuesday outdoor living weather
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike