Today’s featured photo is evidence from last year that yes, it does snow in the Adirondacks in October. As a matter of fact, I skied on the Whiteface Mountain Toll Road one wonderful year on October 10th, a very special day in my book. My fingers are crossed for a repeat performance of skiable snow in October in the Adirondacks this year. In the meantime, happy first day of October and think snow!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
swimming cross-country skiing Moose Nordic skiing Fall foliage Fall Snow Spring Mt. Marcy outdoor recreation trail running Whiteface Mountain Road Cycling weather Telemark Tuesday Wildlife Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp Snow Pics Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack views Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor living foliage maple syrup outdoors Wildflowers Mt. Van Hoevenberg Summer The Adirondack Lifestyle hiking deer Ziggy eye candy wellness skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Alpine skiing Bears Real Estate yoga nature backcountry skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid