Today’s featured photo is evidence from last year that yes, it does snow in the Adirondacks in October. As a matter of fact, I skied on the Whiteface Mountain Toll Road one wonderful year on October 10th, a very special day in my book. My fingers are crossed for a repeat performance of skiable snow in October in the Adirondacks this year. In the meantime, happy first day of October and think snow!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
foliage Fall foliage nature Alpine skiing Moose Mt. Marcy hiking cross-country skiing Fall Lake Placid Nordic skiing Adirondack views The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Spring Snow outdoors Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle deer Mt. Van Hoevenberg Whiteface Mountain wellness weather trail running Black bears backcountry skiing Wildflowers Bears Telemark Tuesday yoga Adirondack Real Estate Market Summer Ziggy skiing outdoor recreation Lake Placid the lake eye candy swimming Snow Pics maple syrup outdoor living Adirondack Great Camp Real Estate Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid