Today’s featured photo is evidence from last year that yes, it does snow in the Adirondacks in October. As a matter of fact, I skied on the Whiteface Mountain Toll Road one wonderful year on October 10th, a very special day in my book. My fingers are crossed for a repeat performance of skiable snow in October in the Adirondacks this year. In the meantime, happy first day of October and think snow!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid Real Estate Bears nature Wildflowers yoga Adirondack views Fall foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market backcountry skiing foliage Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather Road Cycling Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoors Nordic skiing Wildlife eye candy Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain hiking skiing Snow Pics Moose Real Estate swimming outdoor living Spring Lake Placid outdoor recreation Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing Telemark Tuesday Ziggy deer Mt. Marcy Adirondack Property for Sale Fall wellness trail running Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing maple syrup
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid