It was a cold and snowy weekend in the Adirondacks. Although it is still October, the freezing temperatures and accumulating snow made it feel like mid-November in a good ski year. I’ll have a more involved report concerning the weekend in a bit, but I had to share this promising photograph of Lucky 7 Slide, on Cascade Mountain. Formerly the “T Slide,” Hurricane Irene turned the sideways “T” into a perfect Euro 7. It is especially attractive covered in October snow because snowy Octobers have, in the past, led to good winters. Maybe the Adirondacks will get lucky this year.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid the lake maple syrup Adirondack Great Camp Spring outdoor recreation eye candy Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg skiing Fall Mt. Marcy Snow Telemark Tuesday deer Summer swimming outdoors yoga Ziggy hiking Adirondack views Lake Placid trail running backcountry skiing Bears Adirondack Real Estate Market nature Alpine skiing cross-country skiing weather Fall foliage Wildlife Nordic skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Road Cycling foliage Moose outdoor living Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers The Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain Snow Pics wellness
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid