It was a cold and snowy weekend in the Adirondacks. Although it is still October, the freezing temperatures and accumulating snow made it feel like mid-November in a good ski year. I’ll have a more involved report concerning the weekend in a bit, but I had to share this promising photograph of Lucky 7 Slide, on Cascade Mountain. Formerly the “T Slide,” Hurricane Irene turned the sideways “T” into a perfect Euro 7. It is especially attractive covered in October snow because snowy Octobers have, in the past, led to good winters. Maybe the Adirondacks will get lucky this year.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor living Lake Placid Real Estate Fall Whiteface Mountain Fall foliage foliage Black bears Bears trail running yoga Mt. Marcy maple syrup hiking skiing wellness Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors deer outdoor recreation Wildlife weather backcountry skiing Lake Placid the lake Real Estate eye candy Spring Nordic skiing Snow Pics Snow Adirondack views Ziggy The Adirondack Lifestyle swimming Summer Telemark Tuesday Lake Placid cross-country skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Wildflowers nature Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid