It was a cold and snowy weekend in the Adirondacks. Although it is still October, the freezing temperatures and accumulating snow made it feel like mid-November in a good ski year. I’ll have a more involved report concerning the weekend in a bit, but I had to share this promising photograph of Lucky 7 Slide, on Cascade Mountain. Formerly the “T Slide,” Hurricane Irene turned the sideways “T” into a perfect Euro 7. It is especially attractive covered in October snow because snowy Octobers have, in the past, led to good winters. Maybe the Adirondacks will get lucky this year.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
swimming yoga deer Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Real Estate hiking Adirondack Real Estate Market cross-country skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Bears Wildlife skiing outdoors Road Cycling trail running eye candy outdoor living nature Adirondack views Alpine skiing Telemark Tuesday Moose Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Lake Placid the lake The Adirondack Lifestyle Ziggy Snow Pics Real Estate Snow Fall Fall foliage backcountry skiing outdoor recreation wellness weather Mt. Marcy maple syrup Nordic skiing Summer Adirondack Great Camp Whiteface Mountain Spring foliage Wildflowers Lake Placid
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid