It was a cold and snowy weekend in the Adirondacks. Although it is still October, the freezing temperatures and accumulating snow made it feel like mid-November in a good ski year. I’ll have a more involved report concerning the weekend in a bit, but I had to share this promising photograph of Lucky 7 Slide, on Cascade Mountain. Formerly the “T Slide,” Hurricane Irene turned the sideways “T” into a perfect Euro 7. It is especially attractive covered in October snow because snowy Octobers have, in the past, led to good winters. Maybe the Adirondacks will get lucky this year.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
hiking Seasons Lake Placid Real Estate Telemark Tuesday deer wellness Adirondack views Lake Placid nature trail running foliage Snow Pics Real Estate Nordic skiing Ziggy outdoor living Mt. Marcy Wildlife Whiteface Mountain maple syrup swimming Spring Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing yoga Snow weather Fall foliage outdoors Mt. Van Hoevenberg eye candy cross-country skiing Lake Placid the lake Wildflowers skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor recreation Fall Bears Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Real Estate Market backcountry skiing Moose Summer
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike