If you are quick, you can catch the Weather Channel’s live reports from Lake Placid this morning until 11:00 a.m. The weather reporter is currently hanging out at the bobsled/luge run at Mount Van Hoevenberg, my favorite neighborhood. The Weather Channel crew was here over the weekend and filmed a number of interesting stories about the area, including the piece running right now about dogsledding on Mirror Lake. I had no idea those doggies have counter-current!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Marcy Spring Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid Real Estate Road Cycling deer backcountry skiing Lake Placid the lake wellness outdoor recreation nature Mt. Van Hoevenberg Ziggy Bears Lake Placid Fall Moose Wildlife Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics yoga swimming hiking Wildflowers trail running weather Snow Summer The Adirondack Lifestyle Real Estate cross-country skiing Alpine skiing Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Real Estate Market eye candy Fall foliage skiing Adirondack views foliage outdoor living Nordic skiing Adirondack Great Camp maple syrup outdoors
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid