If you are quick, you can catch the Weather Channel’s live reports from Lake Placid this morning until 11:00 a.m. The weather reporter is currently hanging out at the bobsled/luge run at Mount Van Hoevenberg, my favorite neighborhood. The Weather Channel crew was here over the weekend and filmed a number of interesting stories about the area, including the piece running right now about dogsledding on Mirror Lake. I had no idea those doggies have counter-current!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildflowers swimming Real Estate Black bears The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics outdoor recreation outdoor living Mt. Van Hoevenberg cross-country skiing maple syrup Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Moose Snow Adirondack views Bears wellness Nordic skiing yoga Adirondack Lifestyle skiing trail running eye candy Lake Placid Fall Telemark Tuesday Alpine skiing Wildlife Adirondack Great Camp foliage Lake Placid the lake Summer nature outdoors backcountry skiing Mt. Marcy weather Lake Placid Real Estate Whiteface Mountain hiking Fall foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market Spring Ziggy deer
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid