If you are quick, you can catch the Weather Channel’s live reports from Lake Placid this morning until 11:00 a.m. The weather reporter is currently hanging out at the bobsled/luge run at Mount Van Hoevenberg, my favorite neighborhood. The Weather Channel crew was here over the weekend and filmed a number of interesting stories about the area, including the piece running right now about dogsledding on Mirror Lake. I had no idea those doggies have counter-current!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
foliage weather Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain eye candy holidays Moose Telemark Tuesday Fall Nordic skiing Real Estate Wildlife Seasons outdoor recreation Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory deer Snow Pics The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors Mt. Van Hoevenberg skiing swimming backcountry skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market cross-country skiing Wildflowers Adirondack views Whiteface Toll Road nature Alpine skiing Lake Placid Real Estate Lake Placid Adirondack Great Camp Summer maple syrup outdoor living Fall foliage Mt. Marcy trail running hiking Ziggy Snow wellness Spring yoga
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike