If you are quick, you can catch the Weather Channel’s live reports from Lake Placid this morning until 11:00 a.m. The weather reporter is currently hanging out at the bobsled/luge run at Mount Van Hoevenberg, my favorite neighborhood. The Weather Channel crew was here over the weekend and filmed a number of interesting stories about the area, including the piece running right now about dogsledding on Mirror Lake. I had no idea those doggies have counter-current!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Real Estate Market Ziggy Lake Placid Real Estate eye candy hiking outdoor living The Adirondack Lifestyle nature foliage Lake Placid the lake Mt. Marcy yoga Bears Summer outdoors Spring Snow Wildlife Lake Placid Snow Pics Adirondack Great Camp Nordic skiing Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack views backcountry skiing wellness Fall Alpine skiing maple syrup cross-country skiing swimming deer weather Whiteface Mountain Moose skiing Road Cycling Fall foliage Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation Wildflowers Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle trail running
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid