Residents and visitors in the Adirondacks awoke to a world coated in white this morning. Last night’s gently falling, but not accumulating snow continues this morning with nearly two inches on the ground here at HQ. The weather prognosticators say we may have a snow storm this week; Wednesday and Thursday. Although I’ve learned early forecasts are not reliable, hope springs eternal for an early November ski up and then down the Whiteface Memorial Highway, otherwise known as the Toll Road. Stay tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Nordic skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory skiing outdoors Mt. Marcy Snow Bears Snow Pics Fall hiking Alpine skiing Spring deer backcountry skiing outdoor living yoga Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid outdoor recreation trail running foliage Adirondack views Summer eye candy cross-country skiing Wildflowers Ziggy Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage maple syrup weather Seasons Telemark Tuesday wellness swimming The Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid the lake Real Estate nature Moose Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike