Residents and visitors in the Adirondacks awoke to a world coated in white this morning. Last night’s gently falling, but not accumulating snow continues this morning with nearly two inches on the ground here at HQ. The weather prognosticators say we may have a snow storm this week; Wednesday and Thursday. Although I’ve learned early forecasts are not reliable, hope springs eternal for an early November ski up and then down the Whiteface Memorial Highway, otherwise known as the Toll Road. Stay tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Lifestyle The Adirondack Lifestyle yoga Lake Placid eye candy Adirondack views wellness deer backcountry skiing foliage nature Mt. Van Hoevenberg cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp hiking outdoor living Real Estate Telemark Tuesday Moose outdoors Summer Wildflowers Ziggy Nordic skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Mt. Marcy Bears Lake Placid the lake Spring Snow Pics Lake Placid Real Estate Whiteface Mountain Fall foliage outdoor recreation Fall trail running skiing Alpine skiing weather Wildlife Snow swimming maple syrup Road Cycling
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid