Residents and visitors in the Adirondacks awoke to a world coated in white this morning. Last night’s gently falling, but not accumulating snow continues this morning with nearly two inches on the ground here at HQ. The weather prognosticators say we may have a snow storm this week; Wednesday and Thursday. Although I’ve learned early forecasts are not reliable, hope springs eternal for an early November ski up and then down the Whiteface Memorial Highway, otherwise known as the Toll Road. Stay tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildflowers hiking Snow maple syrup wellness Lake Placid Adirondack views foliage cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp Mt. Van Hoevenberg Fall foliage Whiteface Mountain The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors backcountry skiing outdoor recreation Adirondack Real Estate Market Snow Pics Telemark Tuesday Summer swimming outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Road Cycling trail running Moose Wildlife Spring Real Estate Lake Placid Real Estate deer Alpine skiing Nordic skiing nature Ziggy weather Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Bears Lake Placid the lake yoga Mt. Marcy Fall skiing eye candy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid