Residents and visitors in the Adirondacks awoke to a world coated in white this morning. Last night’s gently falling, but not accumulating snow continues this morning with nearly two inches on the ground here at HQ. The weather prognosticators say we may have a snow storm this week; Wednesday and Thursday. Although I’ve learned early forecasts are not reliable, hope springs eternal for an early November ski up and then down the Whiteface Memorial Highway, otherwise known as the Toll Road. Stay tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Fall Spring outdoors Whiteface Mountain weather Alpine skiing maple syrup cross-country skiing swimming wellness Snow Telemark Tuesday backcountry skiing Black bears deer eye candy nature Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor recreation Real Estate Lake Placid Real Estate Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Real Estate Market Lake Placid the lake Mt. Marcy hiking outdoor living Wildflowers Lake Placid Summer Bears The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Great Camp trail running yoga foliage Adirondack views skiing Fall foliage Wildlife Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Pics Ziggy Nordic skiing Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid