As you can see in this morning’s view from HQ, the ice has melted off most lakes in the Adirondacks, much earlier than usual. Mirror Lake in Lake Placid is open; the earliest ice out on Mirror Lake in 100 years, and Lake Placid the lake is almost completely ice free.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid outdoor recreation swimming Fall foliage Snow weather Real Estate Adirondack views Moose outdoor living holidays Adirondack Real Estate Market Mt. Marcy deer Wildflowers nature Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Nordic skiing Whiteface Mountain The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors cross-country skiing Whiteface Toll Road maple syrup wellness Wildlife Adirondack Lifestyle Ziggy backcountry skiing eye candy Telemark Tuesday yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp Summer skiing foliage Fall Alpine skiing hiking Spring Seasons trail running
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike