As you can see in this morning’s view from HQ, the ice has melted off most lakes in the Adirondacks, much earlier than usual. Mirror Lake in Lake Placid is open; the earliest ice out on Mirror Lake in 100 years, and Lake Placid the lake is almost completely ice free.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife outdoors Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Telemark Tuesday maple syrup Lake Placid yoga Fall foliage Lake Placid the lake Road Cycling Mt. Marcy cross-country skiing Real Estate Ziggy foliage trail running Whiteface Mountain Adirondack views wellness backcountry skiing outdoor recreation Snow Pics Adirondack Great Camp Moose swimming Spring Summer Alpine skiing Wildflowers nature Adirondack Real Estate Market Bears outdoor living skiing eye candy hiking The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Fall Adirondack Lifestyle Snow deer weather Nordic skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid