As you can see in this morning’s view from HQ, the ice has melted off most lakes in the Adirondacks, much earlier than usual. Mirror Lake in Lake Placid is open; the earliest ice out on Mirror Lake in 100 years, and Lake Placid the lake is almost completely ice free.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoor recreation Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle Wildlife yoga Ziggy Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage skiing Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Property for Sale swimming hiking Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Moose Telemark Tuesday maple syrup Spring Mt. Marcy Adirondack views nature Wildflowers Road Cycling foliage cross-country skiing deer Nordic skiing trail running outdoors wellness Snow Pics Fall Lake Placid Real Estate Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor living Bears Adirondack Great Camp Whiteface Mountain weather eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Alpine skiing backcountry skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid