As you can see in this morning’s view from HQ, the ice has melted off most lakes in the Adirondacks, much earlier than usual. Mirror Lake in Lake Placid is open; the earliest ice out on Mirror Lake in 100 years, and Lake Placid the lake is almost completely ice free.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
weather eye candy Spring Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle Bears Adirondack views Lake Placid cross-country skiing deer wellness Wildlife Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp outdoor living yoga foliage Wildflowers backcountry skiing outdoor recreation skiing Real Estate The Adirondack Lifestyle hiking Moose Telemark Tuesday Summer Mt. Van Hoevenberg Fall Mt. Marcy Nordic skiing Whiteface Mountain outdoors maple syrup Alpine skiing trail running Fall foliage Black bears nature Snow Pics Adirondack Real Estate Market Snow swimming
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid