Pictured above are MICROspikes® , a mini version of crampons for use when the ground is covered in ice but one needs to go outside. They are easy to put on and off over any standard boot or shoe and are much handier to use than crampons. They have been a life saver and have helped me cope with this year’s Adirondack snow drought. The warm winter weather has frequently yielded no skiing and icy treacherous conditions for hiking or just going for a walk.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Marcy outdoors deer Fall foliage skiing outdoor living Adirondack Great Camp Ziggy hiking Nordic skiing swimming Whiteface Toll Road Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather Telemark Tuesday The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Snow Pics Moose holidays Adirondack views wellness nature maple syrup yoga Adirondack Real Estate Market Alpine skiing Lake Placid Adirondack Lifestyle Snow eye candy Summer outdoor recreation Mt. Van Hoevenberg trail running Whiteface Mountain Wildflowers cross-country skiing foliage Lake Placid Real Estate Fall Real Estate Spring Seasons Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike