Pictured above are MICROspikes® , a mini version of crampons for use when the ground is covered in ice but one needs to go outside. They are easy to put on and off over any standard boot or shoe and are much handier to use than crampons. They have been a life saver and have helped me cope with this year’s Adirondack snow drought. The warm winter weather has frequently yielded no skiing and icy treacherous conditions for hiking or just going for a walk.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
maple syrup Fall foliage swimming Snow Nordic skiing Spring foliage Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views Wildlife Snow Pics weather skiing Ziggy Lake Placid Wildflowers Fall outdoor recreation Lake Placid the lake Moose hiking deer Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Real Estate Market yoga The Adirondack Lifestyle nature backcountry skiing outdoors Whiteface Mountain outdoor living Real Estate cross-country skiing eye candy Alpine skiing Mt. Marcy Adirondack Property for Sale Bears Mt. Van Hoevenberg Road Cycling wellness Lake Placid Real Estate trail running Adirondack Lifestyle
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid