Pictured above are MICROspikes® , a mini version of crampons for use when the ground is covered in ice but one needs to go outside. They are easy to put on and off over any standard boot or shoe and are much handier to use than crampons. They have been a life saver and have helped me cope with this year’s Adirondack snow drought. The warm winter weather has frequently yielded no skiing and icy treacherous conditions for hiking or just going for a walk.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife Lake Placid Real Estate Bears foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage wellness cross-country skiing outdoor recreation swimming outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Real Estate Spring yoga Fall trail running hiking skiing Summer Ziggy Moose weather Whiteface Mountain deer eye candy backcountry skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildflowers nature outdoors Mt. Marcy Lake Placid Alpine skiing maple syrup Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg Telemark Tuesday Nordic skiing Lake Placid the lake The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Black bears Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid