Pictured above are MICROspikes® , a mini version of crampons for use when the ground is covered in ice but one needs to go outside. They are easy to put on and off over any standard boot or shoe and are much handier to use than crampons. They have been a life saver and have helped me cope with this year’s Adirondack snow drought. The warm winter weather has frequently yielded no skiing and icy treacherous conditions for hiking or just going for a walk.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
eye candy Mt. Van Hoevenberg Ziggy trail running Fall foliage Nordic skiing Lake Placid backcountry skiing Mt. Marcy Lake Placid the lake wellness Fall outdoors Snow Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Lake Placid Real Estate deer Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Real Estate Market Road Cycling Wildflowers outdoor recreation Bears Moose Summer Telemark Tuesday The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Real Estate outdoor living Snow Pics Adirondack views yoga maple syrup Spring swimming Adirondack Great Camp foliage Wildlife hiking Alpine skiing nature cross-country skiing weather skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid