This morning dawned clear and cold, and although there is no natural snow on the ground in the Adirondacks, my ski gear is stacked near the door awaiting the first lift-served ski of the season. Thanks to the wonders of technology and New York State tax revenue, Whiteface Mountain is open for business. Reports from the Olympic Mountain are good - the man made snow is perfectly skiable and more trails are opening each day. Sliding on man made snow should better than nothing, right? Stayed tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Fall foliage nature Summer outdoor living Telemark Tuesday Wildlife Moose Adirondack views cross-country skiing Wildflowers Alpine skiing yoga Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Adirondack Great Camp eye candy Fall Real Estate wellness Lake Placid Real Estate swimming deer Snow Pics hiking Whiteface Toll Road foliage skiing Nordic skiing weather backcountry skiing Whiteface Mountain Seasons Ziggy outdoors trail running holidays Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Spring The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Real Estate Market Mt. Marcy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory outdoor recreation maple syrup
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike