This morning dawned clear and cold, and although there is no natural snow on the ground in the Adirondacks, my ski gear is stacked near the door awaiting the first lift-served ski of the season. Thanks to the wonders of technology and New York State tax revenue, Whiteface Mountain is open for business. Reports from the Olympic Mountain are good - the man made snow is perfectly skiable and more trails are opening each day. Sliding on man made snow should better than nothing, right? Stayed tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoors outdoor recreation Summer Snow Pics Snow yoga Bears backcountry skiing Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid the lake maple syrup Adirondack Real Estate Market The Adirondack Lifestyle Wildlife Road Cycling Spring skiing hiking swimming Telemark Tuesday Ziggy deer weather outdoor living eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle nature Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Nordic skiing Alpine skiing Adirondack views foliage Wildflowers Real Estate Fall wellness Moose Mt. Marcy Lake Placid Whiteface Mountain Fall foliage trail running cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid