This morning dawned clear and cold, and although there is no natural snow on the ground in the Adirondacks, my ski gear is stacked near the door awaiting the first lift-served ski of the season. Thanks to the wonders of technology and New York State tax revenue, Whiteface Mountain is open for business. Reports from the Olympic Mountain are good - the man made snow is perfectly skiable and more trails are opening each day. Sliding on man made snow should better than nothing, right? Stayed tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
backcountry skiing Fall hiking Snow Pics The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors Moose yoga Lake Placid Adirondack Property for Sale Alpine skiing outdoor living nature wellness Ziggy Real Estate outdoor recreation maple syrup Nordic skiing foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market trail running Wildlife swimming Adirondack views Road Cycling Wildflowers Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Whiteface Mountain Telemark Tuesday Fall foliage Lake Placid Real Estate skiing weather Spring deer Adirondack Lifestyle Bears Snow Adirondack Great Camp Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid the lake cross-country skiing eye candy Mt. Marcy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid