This morning dawned clear and cold, and although there is no natural snow on the ground in the Adirondacks, my ski gear is stacked near the door awaiting the first lift-served ski of the season. Thanks to the wonders of technology and New York State tax revenue, Whiteface Mountain is open for business. Reports from the Olympic Mountain are good - the man made snow is perfectly skiable and more trails are opening each day. Sliding on man made snow should better than nothing, right? Stayed tuned.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
backcountry skiing Mt. Marcy foliage wellness Nordic skiing Bears swimming Spring Fall cross-country skiing Snow Pics Lake Placid Summer yoga Alpine skiing Snow maple syrup Adirondack Great Camp trail running The Adirondack Lifestyle Moose Telemark Tuesday outdoor recreation hiking outdoor living Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack views Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildlife eye candy skiing Ziggy Real Estate Fall foliage nature Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoors Adirondack Real Estate Market Wildflowers weather deer Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain Black bears
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid