The snow covered, lunar like dome of Mount Marcy was a lovely welcome home greeting this morning. After nearly two weeks of business travel and vacation, I am back in the saddle here at Adirondack Lifestyle HQ. Stayed tuned for a comparative outdoor recreation analysis based on my recent travels. I’ll also be back to the standard trip reports, a discussion of this year’s winter weather forecast, along with general musings and considerations about living in the Adirondacks.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to my Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Van Hoevenberg nature Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid Real Estate maple syrup backcountry skiing foliage eye candy Moose Wildflowers outdoor living Fall outdoors Adirondack Great Camp Ziggy Spring deer wellness Adirondack views cross-country skiing Alpine skiing Bears Adirondack Real Estate Market Telemark Tuesday Lake Placid Whiteface Mountain outdoor recreation Snow Pics Summer Real Estate skiing trail running yoga Black bears weather Mt. Marcy Nordic skiing Adirondack Lifestyle hiking Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle Wildlife swimming Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Fall foliage
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks