The snow covered, lunar like dome of Mount Marcy was a lovely welcome home greeting this morning. After nearly two weeks of business travel and vacation, I am back in the saddle here at Adirondack Lifestyle HQ. Stayed tuned for a comparative outdoor recreation analysis based on my recent travels. I’ll also be back to the standard trip reports, a discussion of this year’s winter weather forecast, along with general musings and considerations about living in the Adirondacks.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoors Telemark Tuesday Snow backcountry skiing outdoor recreation Adirondack Lifestyle Spring swimming Wildflowers wellness skiing Fall foliage weather deer The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Marcy Moose Lake Placid the lake hiking Mt. Van Hoevenberg Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Ziggy Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing Snow Pics Bears yoga Adirondack Real Estate Market nature Lake Placid Real Estate maple syrup Seasons outdoor living Summer Lake Placid Fall Nordic skiing Adirondack views Whiteface Mountain Wildlife eye candy foliage trail running cross-country skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike