The snow yardstick says it all: 14 inches of snow has fallen in the past 24 hours at the headquarters near Mount Van Hoevenberg in Lake Placid. Check back later for a more complete outdoor recreation report - there’s snow to ski!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Fall outdoor living Lake Placid Summer Nordic skiing swimming deer Wildflowers hiking Ziggy skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Mt. Marcy backcountry skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Spring Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage Snow Pics cross-country skiing Lake Placid the lake Telemark Tuesday eye candy Seasons maple syrup yoga nature Bears Alpine skiing Moose outdoors trail running wellness Whiteface Mountain foliage outdoor recreation Lake Placid Real Estate weather The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views Real Estate Mt. Van Hoevenberg Snow Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike