I am pleased to report the snow express is back on track in the Adirondacks! Mother Nature blessed us with 8 inches of fluffy fresh powder last night and today. Skiing at Mount Van Hoevenberg was wonderful today! Ski-skating was the technique of choice as the trails benefited enormously from the slushy snow and rain we had two days ago, followed by the current bitter cold and snow. As you can see in today’s featured photo of today’s ski, life is good in the Adirondacks!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Alpine skiing outdoor recreation Moose Lake Placid Adirondack Real Estate Market Seasons Wildflowers Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory wellness Lake Placid the lake Snow skiing trail running Whiteface Mountain outdoor living Wildlife Fall foliage Lake Placid Real Estate deer backcountry skiing nature foliage Ziggy Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views yoga Fall Telemark Tuesday Mt. Marcy Mt. Van Hoevenberg Snow Pics The Adirondack Lifestyle weather cross-country skiing Nordic skiing swimming maple syrup Summer eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors hiking Bears Spring
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike