As you can see in today’s featured photo, the first snow storm of the 2010-2011 season dropped six inches of snow at the homestead, near Mount Van Hoevenberg in Lake Placid. Extremely elevation conscious, the swirling Nor-easter delivered mostly rain and left barely a skiff of the white stuff in the Village of Lake Placid.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife skiing Bears wellness Seasons outdoors Ziggy Telemark Tuesday Spring Wildflowers Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid Fall foliage swimming maple syrup Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Fall foliage nature weather The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Marcy Adirondack Real Estate Market Nordic skiing trail running cross-country skiing Real Estate Moose Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor living backcountry skiing Snow Pics yoga Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing Whiteface Mountain Summer deer eye candy hiking Adirondack views outdoor recreation Snow Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike