As you can see in today’s featured photo, the first snow storm of the 2010-2011 season dropped six inches of snow at the homestead, near Mount Van Hoevenberg in Lake Placid. Extremely elevation conscious, the swirling Nor-easter delivered mostly rain and left barely a skiff of the white stuff in the Village of Lake Placid.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Ziggy Moose eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory maple syrup Whiteface Mountain swimming trail running outdoors Lake Placid the lake Summer Mt. Marcy Road Cycling Wildlife Adirondack Lifestyle yoga Nordic skiing Lake Placid Bears outdoor living Alpine skiing hiking Telemark Tuesday wellness Fall foliage deer cross-country skiing Snow Pics backcountry skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack views foliage weather nature outdoor recreation Wildflowers Snow Adirondack Great Camp The Adirondack Lifestyle Spring skiing Real Estate Fall
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid