This crocus bloomed at the homestead for the first time today. The bulb was planted in 1998 in honor of the first black lab to live here, Zeek of Cascade Heights. Wow.
Photograph courtesy of Joann Sandone Reed.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
yoga Fall Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor living backcountry skiing eye candy outdoor recreation Fall foliage outdoors Moose swimming Spring nature Road Cycling Lake Placid Mt. Van Hoevenberg Alpine skiing Whiteface Mountain Snow Pics Telemark Tuesday Bears Ziggy maple syrup Summer weather foliage Adirondack Great Camp hiking trail running wellness Lake Placid the lake deer Wildflowers Adirondack Real Estate Market cross-country skiing Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle skiing Mt. Marcy Adirondack views Nordic skiing Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid