Obviously, my rhapsody on springtime energy in the Adirondacks was a bit premature. As you can see by today’s featured photo, weather in the Adirondacks has rewound, reminding us it is still technically winter. The four inches of heavy, wet snow we received overnight and the blustery, damp wind suggest winter energy - stay inside, drink hot chocolate, and read books kind of energy. Daily life has already switched and sprung ahead to the busy spring pace; things to do, people to see, places to go. Skiing is still great however, and the hot chocolate runs all year at the homestead. I can handle fickle.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
wellness cross-country skiing Fall foliage Ziggy hiking Road Cycling Wildlife Bears Telemark Tuesday outdoor living Adirondack Property for Sale Alpine skiing Snow Snow Pics swimming eye candy Spring outdoor recreation Adirondack Great Camp outdoors Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory backcountry skiing Whiteface Mountain foliage Nordic skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid the lake Adirondack views Mt. Marcy maple syrup yoga The Adirondack Lifestyle trail running Lake Placid Wildflowers weather Real Estate Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Real Estate Market nature skiing Fall Moose deer Mt. Van Hoevenberg
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid