The United States won an Olympic medal for the first time in the history of Nordic Combined Olympic competition. Nordic combined athlete Johnny Spillane skied an impressive race to a silver medal. As a matter of fact, the U.S. has the strongest team in its history. Team USA placed 3 athletes in the top 6 with Spillane in second, Todd Lodwick 4th, and Bill Demong 6th. Demong had an incredible ski race today as he started in 24th position and finished 6th. It was an exciting race to watch. Unlike Super Bowl Sunday, the Winter Olympics is when I yell at the Tee Vee.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
swimming Fall foliage Fall Bears wellness Adirondack Great Camp outdoors Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Nordic skiing yoga Alpine skiing Wildlife Lake Placid Mt. Van Hoevenberg Mt. Marcy weather maple syrup cross-country skiing Whiteface Mountain Wildflowers deer hiking Lake Placid the lake outdoor recreation trail running outdoor living Telemark Tuesday skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Moose The Adirondack Lifestyle foliage Lake Placid Real Estate Spring Road Cycling backcountry skiing Adirondack views Adirondack Property for Sale eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Real Estate Ziggy nature Snow Pics
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid