The United States won an Olympic medal for the first time in the history of Nordic Combined Olympic competition. Nordic combined athlete Johnny Spillane skied an impressive race to a silver medal. As a matter of fact, the U.S. has the strongest team in its history. Team USA placed 3 athletes in the top 6 with Spillane in second, Todd Lodwick 4th, and Bill Demong 6th. Demong had an incredible ski race today as he started in 24th position and finished 6th. It was an exciting race to watch. Unlike Super Bowl Sunday, the Winter Olympics is when I yell at the Tee Vee.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
cross-country skiing outdoor living Lake Placid the lake skiing weather Whiteface Mountain Alpine skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Real Estate Market trail running wellness Mt. Marcy Adirondack views Moose Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Summer Wildlife Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Great Camp Mt. Van Hoevenberg Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle swimming Real Estate outdoor recreation Nordic skiing hiking Seasons Lake Placid maple syrup Snow Pics Bears outdoors Spring Lake Placid Real Estate Ziggy nature Fall foliage yoga deer eye candy Wildflowers
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike