This has not been a good season for a few of my favorite things here in the Adirondacks. As you can see in today’s photo, my favorite car suffered the result of the warm, windy rainstorm we experienced this morning. It was one of my not-so-prescient moments when I stood watching out the window, marveling at the storm, as my second favorite tree swayed madly in the wind. I was shocked when I realized it was suddenly toppling down directly toward me. This tree was a beautiful white birch whose bark caught the late afternoon sun perfectly. Some of my readers may recall the demise of my favorite balsam back in December. Now my favorite car and second favorite tree get it. A word of warning to my other favorite things might be in order!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Fall foliage foliage Snow Summer Snow Pics Nordic skiing Bears weather maple syrup deer Wildlife skiing Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing Lake Placid Alpine skiing Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp nature Mt. Van Hoevenberg eye candy Adirondack Real Estate Market Spring Wildflowers Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory outdoor recreation backcountry skiing Ziggy trail running Mt. Marcy outdoor living Telemark Tuesday outdoors Lake Placid Real Estate Fall Whiteface Mountain swimming Adirondack views Lake Placid the lake The Adirondack Lifestyle Moose wellness Seasons hiking yoga
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike