As if someone waved a magic wand and said, “Bippity-bobbity-boo!” Lake Placid was transported to mid-winter in what felt like the blink of an eye. It actually took a few days, but now it certainly looks, feels, and sounds like winter here in the Adirondacks. The Olympic cross-country ski trails at Mount Van Hoevenberg officially opened today and are in beautiful shape with 25+ kilometers of the trail system groomed and track-set. The Porter Mountain racing loops open tomorrow. There is plenty of snow and the temperatures have been quite cold so it is of the nice, light, and fluffy grade. Skiing’s great in New York State!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack views Wildlife Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor recreation Seasons Mt. Van Hoevenberg Spring Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid the lake Ziggy swimming Summer hiking Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory skiing weather nature Whiteface Mountain wellness Snow Lake Placid Fall foliage Wildflowers deer Alpine skiing Fall Nordic skiing cross-country skiing trail running backcountry skiing foliage Snow Pics maple syrup Bears Lake Placid Real Estate Real Estate outdoors Moose eye candy Mt. Marcy outdoor living yoga Adirondack Great Camp
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike