As if someone waved a magic wand and said, “Bippity-bobbity-boo!” Lake Placid was transported to mid-winter in what felt like the blink of an eye. It actually took a few days, but now it certainly looks, feels, and sounds like winter here in the Adirondacks. The Olympic cross-country ski trails at Mount Van Hoevenberg officially opened today and are in beautiful shape with 25+ kilometers of the trail system groomed and track-set. The Porter Mountain racing loops open tomorrow. There is plenty of snow and the temperatures have been quite cold so it is of the nice, light, and fluffy grade. Skiing’s great in New York State!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
cross-country skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle yoga Fall foliage outdoor recreation Spring outdoor living Mt. Van Hoevenberg Road Cycling Whiteface Mountain skiing Telemark Tuesday Real Estate Alpine skiing Lake Placid the lake trail running Adirondack Lifestyle eye candy wellness foliage backcountry skiing Adirondack Great Camp Ziggy Lake Placid hiking Adirondack Property for Sale deer Fall Wildflowers maple syrup Moose Adirondack Real Estate Market swimming Wildlife outdoors Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack views Bears Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow weather Snow Pics nature Nordic skiing Mt. Marcy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid