Despite the recent unseasonably mild temperatures, the snow magicians at Whiteface Mountain have been working hard and promise to have the mountain ready for skiers and sliders tomorrow morning, Saturday, December 5 at 10:00 a.m. As you can see from today’s hot off the press featured photo of Whiteface from Main Street, Lake Placid, New York, there really is snow on the mountain. Note the tell-tale snow-maker’s plume.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Alpine skiing Wildlife skiing Summer outdoor living weather Bears Lake Placid Lake Placid the lake Mt. Marcy Seasons Nordic skiing cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Whiteface Mountain Fall eye candy Wildflowers swimming Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack views deer yoga foliage wellness Snow hiking Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor recreation trail running Moose Spring maple syrup Real Estate Mt. Van Hoevenberg Snow Pics Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory nature Telemark Tuesday Ziggy outdoors Adirondack Real Estate Market
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike