Adirondack’s own Tim Burke, the first American to lead the biathlon World Cup standings, graces the front page (above the fold!) of this morning’s USA Today. As time is at a premium this morning, I will keep my editorializing short and to the point: Tim is a perfect positive example of ‘our youth today!’ Speaking of which, special thanks to another great member of our youth today, my son Eddie, for the heads up on the front page story.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Bears Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoors weather trail running Telemark Tuesday nature Adirondack Lifestyle skiing outdoor recreation Fall Spring Adirondack Great Camp Nordic skiing Ziggy Adirondack views Mt. Marcy hiking Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Whiteface Mountain Alpine skiing maple syrup Moose Real Estate Lake Placid the lake Seasons The Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid wellness Summer eye candy Wildlife Wildflowers foliage swimming Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg deer outdoor living backcountry skiing Lake Placid Real Estate yoga cross-country skiing Snow Fall foliage
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike