Unbelievable. I had just published the prior post (see below) and was proofreading it when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed today’s blog star, my balsam, in a precariously steep lean. I stood up just in time to watch her fall, in slow motion it seemed, to the ground. Maybe the top will make a good Christmas tree.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid Real Estate Lake Placid the lake Fall foliage Bears skiing Wildlife backcountry skiing Moose eye candy maple syrup Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views weather hiking swimming Real Estate Nordic skiing Snow Pics Lake Placid Seasons outdoors nature Summer Spring The Adirondack Lifestyle Alpine skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Marcy deer Snow Whiteface Mountain Telemark Tuesday Ziggy foliage Wildflowers trail running yoga Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory cross-country skiing wellness Fall
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike