Today’s New York Times features yet another Adirondack travel piece extolling the virtues of visiting and recreating in the Adirondacks. This particular article involves a mom and daughter who visited the region, hiked a couple of the High Peaks, and stayed in the Village of Lake Placid. The writer, a self-described “beach person” does a nice job describing the Adirondacks. She also agrees with me and said, “A beach person could be happy here.” No kidding.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
wellness Wildlife Lake Placid Real Estate skiing Telemark Tuesday Summer Moose weather eye candy Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor recreation Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Mt. Van Hoevenberg Spring Fall foliage outdoor living Fall Whiteface Mountain Mt. Marcy yoga cross-country skiing outdoors Alpine skiing Adirondack views foliage nature Seasons maple syrup deer Wildflowers Nordic skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle hiking Lake Placid the lake Ziggy Bears swimming Lake Placid Snow Adirondack Great Camp backcountry skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market trail running Snow Pics
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike