Today’s New York Times features yet another Adirondack travel piece extolling the virtues of visiting and recreating in the Adirondacks. This particular article involves a mom and daughter who visited the region, hiked a couple of the High Peaks, and stayed in the Village of Lake Placid. The writer, a self-described “beach person” does a nice job describing the Adirondacks. She also agrees with me and said, “A beach person could be happy here.” No kidding.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
cross-country skiing foliage The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Summer swimming Snow nature Real Estate outdoor living Alpine skiing maple syrup skiing Adirondack Great Camp Fall Telemark Tuesday wellness outdoors Mt. Marcy Adirondack views Lake Placid the lake Spring Lake Placid Adirondack Lifestyle Road Cycling Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Real Estate Market trail running Bears Snow Pics hiking Ziggy Wildflowers deer eye candy yoga Fall foliage Whiteface Mountain Moose Nordic skiing Wildlife outdoor recreation
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid