Since I’d been traveling out of the Adirondacks for the past few days, I couldn’t wait to get outside for an Adirondack trail run. The drive home to Lake Placid seemed especially stressful this time, which could have been related to the exquisitely timed Nor’easter that hit just as I was packing the car for home. Six hours of Turnpike and Interstate driving in torrential rain, ice, sleet, wet snow, and poor visibility is not my idea of a fun time. Running through the Adirondack woods on a crisp Autumn day, however, it what it is all about.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife eye candy Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle swimming Alpine skiing Adirondack Lifestyle nature outdoors Spring Telemark Tuesday Fall Lake Placid Mt. Marcy Summer foliage Real Estate Snow Pics trail running Bears Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildflowers Whiteface Mountain skiing deer Adirondack Great Camp weather Nordic skiing wellness Moose backcountry skiing Lake Placid the lake Seasons maple syrup Lake Placid Real Estate Ziggy Adirondack Real Estate Market yoga Adirondack views outdoor living Fall foliage cross-country skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation hiking
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike