Since I’d been traveling out of the Adirondacks for the past few days, I couldn’t wait to get outside for an Adirondack trail run. The drive home to Lake Placid seemed especially stressful this time, which could have been related to the exquisitely timed Nor’easter that hit just as I was packing the car for home. Six hours of Turnpike and Interstate driving in torrential rain, ice, sleet, wet snow, and poor visibility is not my idea of a fun time. Running through the Adirondack woods on a crisp Autumn day, however, it what it is all about.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
weather Lake Placid hiking Alpine skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Ziggy Nordic skiing Real Estate nature backcountry skiing Road Cycling Bears Fall foliage Summer Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid Real Estate outdoors Whiteface Mountain Adirondack views Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildflowers Snow Pics yoga outdoor living foliage swimming skiing outdoor recreation trail running cross-country skiing Spring The Adirondack Lifestyle Moose Telemark Tuesday deer wellness Adirondack Real Estate Market Mt. Marcy Adirondack Great Camp maple syrup Wildlife eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Fall Snow
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid