I read an article this morning that claims the foliage will be at “peak” color this weekend. I don’t think so; today’s photo is the view from home this morning which proves my point. There are many reasons however, to visit the Adirondacks this weekend. “To see pretty leaves” is just one reason. This could be the best time of year to go for a hike or paddle. The bugs are behaving and the trails are in great shape, and naturally, a walk outside does a body good!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Real Estate Road Cycling Wildlife Real Estate Lake Placid Telemark Tuesday Wildflowers The Adirondack Lifestyle skiing Alpine skiing Summer Fall foliage Mt. Marcy trail running foliage swimming cross-country skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market maple syrup Ziggy Nordic skiing Spring Lake Placid the lake hiking outdoors Adirondack Great Camp deer weather Whiteface Mountain Snow Fall Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory yoga Snow Pics wellness nature backcountry skiing outdoor recreation eye candy Bears Moose Adirondack views
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid