I read an article this morning that claims the foliage will be at “peak” color this weekend. I don’t think so; today’s photo is the view from home this morning which proves my point. There are many reasons however, to visit the Adirondacks this weekend. “To see pretty leaves” is just one reason. This could be the best time of year to go for a hike or paddle. The bugs are behaving and the trails are in great shape, and naturally, a walk outside does a body good!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Telemark Tuesday deer Lake Placid the lake Fall Summer Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoors wellness Wildlife Whiteface Mountain outdoor living hiking Ziggy Alpine skiing Moose Seasons Lake Placid Real Estate maple syrup yoga Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid Nordic skiing weather Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage Bears Snow Pics swimming backcountry skiing nature Snow outdoor recreation Wildflowers Mt. Marcy foliage eye candy trail running skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Spring Adirondack views cross-country skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike