Road cycling in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York can be quite a thrill. For example, take the road shown in today’s featured photo, New York State Route 73 or Cascade Road. A famous section of the Ironman race course, this road weaves eight miles downhill through a narrow gap of highway that squeezes between Cascade And Pitchoff Mountains, past the Upper and Lower Cascade Lakes. A cyclist can reach speeds of 50 miles per hour if she desires. As you can see in the photo, this is a very narrow highway surrounded by lovely Adirondack scenery. If you pay attention, stick to the far right, and pick a good time of day, (no traffic) this can be one of the most exhilarating bike rides in the Adirondacks.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
backcountry skiing Spring outdoor recreation The Adirondack Lifestyle Seasons Ziggy nature skiing swimming trail running Fall yoga Mt. Marcy outdoors Mt. Van Hoevenberg weather Summer deer Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack views Wildflowers eye candy foliage hiking Lake Placid outdoor living Fall foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife Snow Snow Pics Nordic skiing cross-country skiing Real Estate Lake Placid Real Estate Bears Telemark Tuesday Alpine skiing wellness Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid the lake Moose maple syrup
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike