My friend the beautiful doe joined us for dinner this evening on the deck at the homestead. I know it might seem weird to you folks in the ‘burbs that I am so excited about having a deer friend hang around my house. Deer are not a nuisance in the Adirondacks. As a matter of fact, I am giddy about having my quadruped guest because I have barely caught a glimpse of a deer in our yard in the twenty-two years I have lived here. Having hunted deer, I know they are extremely skittish. My doe friend, however, does not seem to mind us humans and I think she really likes the music.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoor recreation Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers Telemark Tuesday backcountry skiing Adirondack Lifestyle deer Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Whiteface Mountain nature hiking weather Alpine skiing eye candy Fall swimming outdoor living Fall foliage Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views Bears Adirondack Real Estate Market Nordic skiing wellness cross-country skiing Lake Placid Real Estate Moose Mt. Marcy yoga maple syrup trail running skiing Snow Pics Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle Seasons Summer Ziggy foliage Spring outdoors Wildlife
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike