My friend the beautiful doe joined us for dinner this evening on the deck at the homestead. I know it might seem weird to you folks in the ‘burbs that I am so excited about having a deer friend hang around my house. Deer are not a nuisance in the Adirondacks. As a matter of fact, I am giddy about having my quadruped guest because I have barely caught a glimpse of a deer in our yard in the twenty-two years I have lived here. Having hunted deer, I know they are extremely skittish. My doe friend, however, does not seem to mind us humans and I think she really likes the music.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Spring Alpine skiing deer eye candy Snow Mt. Marcy Wildflowers wellness Adirondack Lifestyle nature Ziggy swimming Road Cycling Bears outdoor living foliage Nordic skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle trail running cross-country skiing Fall Fall foliage skiing Whiteface Mountain weather yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Real Estate Market Wildlife Summer Snow Pics backcountry skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoors Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid the lake outdoor recreation Lake Placid hiking maple syrup Telemark Tuesday Adirondack views Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid