It is not often that I get to use the old South Jersey phrase, “We’ve got the triple H today!” The past few days, however, have indeed been very hazy, hot and humid here in Lake Placid, in the Adirondack Park of upstate New York. I must cite the fine weather as my reason for the lack of Adirondack Lifestyle blog stories lately. In my book, fine summer weather combined with life in Lake Placid, a resort town extraordinaire, is a perfectly reasonable excuse. There are trails to be hiked, roads to be cycled and the lakes’ refreshing, seductive siren call to jump in and enjoy. All things that are far too good to resist - even in paradise!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
trail running Fall Summer Wildlife eye candy Adirondack Great Camp Snow Mt. Van Hoevenberg yoga weather Alpine skiing Real Estate backcountry skiing Nordic skiing Telemark Tuesday deer Adirondack Real Estate Market Mt. Marcy nature Seasons foliage Wildflowers Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Pics swimming Lake Placid hiking wellness Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle skiing Spring Lake Placid Real Estate outdoors outdoor recreation Bears Adirondack views maple syrup Moose outdoor living Whiteface Mountain Fall foliage Lake Placid the lake The Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike