It is not often that I get to use the old South Jersey phrase, “We’ve got the triple H today!” The past few days, however, have indeed been very hazy, hot and humid here in Lake Placid, in the Adirondack Park of upstate New York. I must cite the fine weather as my reason for the lack of Adirondack Lifestyle blog stories lately. In my book, fine summer weather combined with life in Lake Placid, a resort town extraordinaire, is a perfectly reasonable excuse. There are trails to be hiked, roads to be cycled and the lakes’ refreshing, seductive siren call to jump in and enjoy. All things that are far too good to resist - even in paradise!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Bears deer outdoors Lake Placid the lake Fall foliage Lake Placid hiking Moose Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory eye candy maple syrup foliage cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp Mt. Van Hoevenberg Snow Lake Placid Real Estate wellness Snow Pics Mt. Marcy Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor recreation The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Adirondack views Adirondack Lifestyle Spring Nordic skiing Fall trail running nature Wildlife yoga Wildflowers Road Cycling weather Whiteface Mountain outdoor living Summer Real Estate Alpine skiing swimming Ziggy skiing Telemark Tuesday
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid