Here is a very nice article about the black bear work undertaken by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the resident biologist.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Great Camp Spring Lake Placid backcountry skiing outdoors Wildflowers Telemark Tuesday eye candy Snow cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle foliage trail running Real Estate deer Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory swimming Bears maple syrup Adirondack Real Estate Market Lake Placid the lake skiing Alpine skiing yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack views Wildlife Road Cycling Mt. Marcy Fall foliage Nordic skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor living outdoor recreation weather Ziggy Adirondack Property for Sale Snow Pics wellness nature Mt. Van Hoevenberg hiking Fall Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid