Here is a very nice article about the black bear work undertaken by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the resident biologist.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Ziggy Nordic skiing backcountry skiing deer Snow Pics Whiteface Mountain maple syrup Wildlife wellness Fall outdoors Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor recreation Adirondack views Wildflowers hiking Bears cross-country skiing Alpine skiing Summer Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Snow weather Adirondack Real Estate Market swimming Adirondack Great Camp The Adirondack Lifestyle trail running Spring foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Lake Placid the lake Moose Real Estate eye candy yoga Telemark Tuesday nature Seasons Mt. Van Hoevenberg skiing Lake Placid outdoor living Mt. Marcy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike