I am pleased to report those of us along the U.S. East Coast who have borne the torment of this year’s cold, wet summer will be rewarded this coming winter. There is scientific evidence and even an historical link between cool summers and snowy winters. Although the sun is shining brightly in the sky today, I am certain we’ve suffered enough so far this summer to ensure we get our snowy winter come November. Based on the evidence I’ve cited, this prediction of a magnificent, powdery, snowy winter is not just Pollyanna wishful thinking, it is science! Today’s featured Adirondack lifestyle photo is my yard doe, who enjoyed the Forget Me Nots until they died back.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
yoga outdoor living Snow Pics Alpine skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Fall foliage Mt. Marcy maple syrup Wildflowers Adirondack Lifestyle skiing backcountry skiing Lake Placid wellness Real Estate Lake Placid Real Estate Nordic skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack views outdoors Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife nature weather Lake Placid the lake Telemark Tuesday hiking trail running eye candy Seasons Whiteface Mountain Fall deer foliage Spring swimming Bears Ziggy Snow Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Real Estate Market Moose Summer outdoor recreation cross-country skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike