I am pleased to report those of us along the U.S. East Coast who have borne the torment of this year’s cold, wet summer will be rewarded this coming winter. There is scientific evidence and even an historical link between cool summers and snowy winters. Although the sun is shining brightly in the sky today, I am certain we’ve suffered enough so far this summer to ensure we get our snowy winter come November. Based on the evidence I’ve cited, this prediction of a magnificent, powdery, snowy winter is not just Pollyanna wishful thinking, it is science! Today’s featured Adirondack lifestyle photo is my yard doe, who enjoyed the Forget Me Nots until they died back.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid the lake Nordic skiing Alpine skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain hiking foliage Summer Wildlife outdoors wellness Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor living Adirondack views swimming eye candy Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp Telemark Tuesday yoga nature Fall Ziggy Real Estate trail running skiing Moose weather Lake Placid backcountry skiing maple syrup Mt. Marcy Snow Pics Spring Road Cycling Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor recreation Bears Wildflowers deer
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid