A trail run at Mount Van Hoevenberg yesterday revealed what I had hoped: Adirondack wildflowers are jumping out of the ground these days. There are carpets of today’s featured photo beauty, Trout Lily, to run around, and the Trillium are almost ready to open. I love the way nature cooperated by matching the flower and the fish since they frequently appear near each other. The Spring Beauties are everywhere, their dainty bloom noticeable only because there are so many. The flora is finally waking up here in the Adirondacks and it is gorgeous. We may be a little behind the rest of the country, but it is worth waiting for.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoor living Moose Lake Placid Bears Ziggy wellness eye candy yoga The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Real Estate Market Nordic skiing Alpine skiing Adirondack views skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Fall hiking maple syrup outdoor recreation Spring Snow Pics Fall foliage Wildflowers Wildlife backcountry skiing Snow Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory cross-country skiing trail running Mt. Marcy swimming weather Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid the lake Mt. Van Hoevenberg Telemark Tuesday deer outdoors Road Cycling Real Estate nature Lake Placid Real Estate foliage Adirondack Great Camp Summer
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid