One of my favorite mountains to hike, Cascade Mountain, is listed as “One of America’s Best Day Hikes” in the upcoming May issue of the copy-catter Backpacker magazine. They say, “it breaks out of the trees onto the elongated bald summit — with views so stunning it feels like cheating.” No kidding…..we all know you got it here first! It is a welcome nod all the same.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Telemark Tuesday Bears hiking Spring Wildflowers cross-country skiing outdoor recreation Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Lifestyle nature Lake Placid Real Estate skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Property for Sale Fall Alpine skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg trail running Snow outdoors Wildlife backcountry skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Pics Lake Placid Ziggy Adirondack Great Camp Fall foliage yoga deer eye candy Lake Placid the lake weather Moose outdoor living wellness foliage swimming Road Cycling Adirondack views Adirondack Real Estate Market Nordic skiing Mt. Marcy maple syrup Real Estate
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid