Local Nordic Combined skier, Bill Demong, won gold and his first world championship at the Nordic Combined World Championships held yesterday in the Czech Republic. Congratulations to Bill and his family. Another piece of awesome Adirondack Nordic news is the skiing at Mount Van Hoevenberg, despite Friday’s rain fall and subsequent bitter cold, was exceptionally good. Ok, that is not as big a deal as Billy winning gold, but I was psyched to enjoy a great, 2 hour x-c ski in nice, fast conditions, when I thought we’d be shut out. Yippee for all of us!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Summer yoga Snow Lake Placid Real Estate Wildlife Adirondack Real Estate Market nature weather Road Cycling wellness Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Great Camp skiing Nordic skiing Alpine skiing Snow Pics Ziggy Adirondack views Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory backcountry skiing cross-country skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Wildflowers Mt. Marcy Telemark Tuesday swimming deer Spring Fall Adirondack Lifestyle Moose hiking eye candy outdoors trail running outdoor recreation Real Estate Bears foliage maple syrup outdoor living
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks