Local Nordic Combined skier, Bill Demong, won gold and his first world championship at the Nordic Combined World Championships held yesterday in the Czech Republic. Congratulations to Bill and his family. Another piece of awesome Adirondack Nordic news is the skiing at Mount Van Hoevenberg, despite Friday’s rain fall and subsequent bitter cold, was exceptionally good. Ok, that is not as big a deal as Billy winning gold, but I was psyched to enjoy a great, 2 hour x-c ski in nice, fast conditions, when I thought we’d be shut out. Yippee for all of us!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoor living deer nature yoga Snow Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Lifestyle The Adirondack Lifestyle Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory foliage Whiteface Mountain Seasons holidays Telemark Tuesday outdoors backcountry skiing Nordic skiing eye candy hiking Ziggy Mt. Marcy Summer Adirondack Great Camp weather Fall Whiteface Toll Road Snow Pics Lake Placid Mt. Van Hoevenberg maple syrup outdoor recreation trail running skiing Alpine skiing Adirondack views wellness Wildlife Wildflowers Lake Placid Real Estate Real Estate cross-country skiing Spring swimming Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike