It was a stunning day in Lake Placid; sparkling, blue, and twenty-two. The back country skiing was simply superb. We had about six inches of fresh, light powder in which to make lovely telemark turns. On a scale of one to ten, today was a tirty, as the Newfies would say.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Great Camp yoga outdoor recreation backcountry skiing cross-country skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Lake Placid Adirondack Lifestyle hiking Nordic skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid the lake Snow Pics Real Estate Ziggy Whiteface Mountain swimming Wildlife wellness Adirondack views Telemark Tuesday Wildflowers Spring trail running Alpine skiing Fall eye candy Lake Placid Real Estate Summer Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory outdoors Fall foliage skiing maple syrup weather foliage outdoor living Road Cycling Mt. Marcy deer The Adirondack Lifestyle Bears nature Snow Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks