It has been noted here a number of times just how much the New York Times loves Lake Placid. Last week, however, I was pleasantly surprised to read an opinion from the other side. There was a very nice article in the Wall St. Journal also about Lake Placid. The writer does an excellent job capturing what it is like to live here. I was psyched to see my very own Italian teacher, Eugenio, quoted on how quickly one chills out after moving to Lake Placid. I like the way the author mentions the opportunities to volunteer and the sense of community we enjoy; it is true. I guess that makes it official; Lake Placid is a great place to live for those on the right or the left!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Great Camp Snow Pics Wildflowers Summer Adirondack Real Estate Market The Adirondack Lifestyle Telemark Tuesday weather Fall foliage cross-country skiing skiing maple syrup Ziggy Lake Placid Real Estate wellness Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor recreation Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor living deer nature Adirondack views trail running Snow hiking Road Cycling outdoors Lake Placid the lake backcountry skiing Alpine skiing Spring Bears Moose yoga Nordic skiing foliage Wildlife swimming Lake Placid eye candy Mt. Marcy Fall Whiteface Mountain
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks