It has been noted here a number of times just how much the New York Times loves Lake Placid. Last week, however, I was pleasantly surprised to read an opinion from the other side. There was a very nice article in the Wall St. Journal also about Lake Placid. The writer does an excellent job capturing what it is like to live here. I was psyched to see my very own Italian teacher, Eugenio, quoted on how quickly one chills out after moving to Lake Placid. I like the way the author mentions the opportunities to volunteer and the sense of community we enjoy; it is true. I guess that makes it official; Lake Placid is a great place to live for those on the right or the left!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
cross-country skiing yoga Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather Seasons Alpine skiing outdoors wellness Spring Wildlife trail running foliage Snow Pics Summer Wildflowers Real Estate backcountry skiing Moose Whiteface Mountain Mt. Marcy maple syrup Nordic skiing Adirondack views deer outdoor recreation The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Real Estate Market hiking Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle skiing Whiteface Toll Road Ziggy holidays Adirondack Great Camp eye candy nature swimming Telemark Tuesday Fall foliage outdoor living Lake Placid Fall Lake Placid Real Estate Snow
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike