Amazingly, we have a “Tip o’ the Tuque” already to the great grooming staff at Mount Van Hoevenberg, site the 1980 Olympic Cross-country ski trails here in Lake Placid. After ~ one foot of snow fell, the trails were rolled to early-season perfection. Everyone was treated to unusually excellent skiing, from the athletes in town staying at the United States Olympic Training Center to us local-yocal skiers just giddy with delight over this Halloween treat!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoors wellness skiing yoga Real Estate backcountry skiing outdoor living nature hiking Wildflowers Snow Pics eye candy Lake Placid Real Estate maple syrup Fall Seasons Lake Placid the lake weather Alpine skiing deer Moose foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market swimming Lake Placid Telemark Tuesday The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Ziggy Mt. Marcy Fall foliage Whiteface Mountain Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Bears Wildlife Adirondack views Nordic skiing Adirondack Great Camp cross-country skiing Summer Spring trail running Snow
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike