Amazingly, we have a “Tip o’ the Tuque” already to the great grooming staff at Mount Van Hoevenberg, site the 1980 Olympic Cross-country ski trails here in Lake Placid. After ~ one foot of snow fell, the trails were rolled to early-season perfection. Everyone was treated to unusually excellent skiing, from the athletes in town staying at the United States Olympic Training Center to us local-yocal skiers just giddy with delight over this Halloween treat!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
yoga outdoor living Wildlife Ziggy Snow weather Telemark Tuesday maple syrup Wildflowers Bears Lake Placid Alpine skiing Snow Pics Adirondack views outdoors The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg eye candy hiking outdoor recreation Nordic skiing Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Fall foliage Lake Placid Real Estate foliage nature Adirondack Great Camp cross-country skiing Road Cycling Fall Spring Summer backcountry skiing Moose trail running deer wellness swimming Lake Placid the lake skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Real Estate Adirondack Real Estate Market Mt. Marcy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid