Turns out I am not the only one who appreciates the remote location and privacy of these beautiful Adirondack Mountains. The local paper reports today that top international military officials from the United States and several other countries flew in to the Lake Clear airport on Friday for the weekend. Among the passengers who disembarked from the jet with the words “United States of America” on the side were the Joint Chiefs of Staff and their counterparts from other countries such as France and Germany. The Italians came in later on a separate jet. Apparently they missed the official plane because the barista took too long preparing their cappuccinos to go. I hope they all remembered their long undies since it was 21 degrees here at the homestead this morning.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
nature Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory outdoors eye candy backcountry skiing Whiteface Mountain Real Estate Whiteface Toll Road cross-country skiing Wildflowers outdoor living Lake Placid Alpine skiing Moose Mt. Van Hoevenberg yoga maple syrup Snow Pics The Adirondack Lifestyle swimming Seasons Lake Placid Real Estate Ziggy Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife Adirondack views Fall foliage foliage deer Fall Snow Telemark Tuesday Spring weather Summer wellness trail running holidays outdoor recreation hiking Mt. Marcy Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Real Estate Market skiing Nordic skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike