Turns out I am not the only one who appreciates the remote location and privacy of these beautiful Adirondack Mountains. The local paper reports today that top international military officials from the United States and several other countries flew in to the Lake Clear airport on Friday for the weekend. Among the passengers who disembarked from the jet with the words “United States of America” on the side were the Joint Chiefs of Staff and their counterparts from other countries such as France and Germany. The Italians came in later on a separate jet. Apparently they missed the official plane because the barista took too long preparing their cappuccinos to go. I hope they all remembered their long undies since it was 21 degrees here at the homestead this morning.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Moose Ziggy Real Estate Spring Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation Bears The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics Summer Telemark Tuesday Lake Placid the lake outdoors Adirondack Great Camp Wildflowers Lake Placid Real Estate nature Lake Placid eye candy Mt. Marcy Whiteface Mountain Adirondack views Alpine skiing trail running weather wellness Nordic skiing deer yoga Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory skiing maple syrup Wildlife Adirondack Real Estate Market backcountry skiing swimming cross-country skiing Road Cycling outdoor living Snow Fall hiking Adirondack Lifestyle foliage Fall foliage
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks