Turns out I am not the only one who appreciates the remote location and privacy of these beautiful Adirondack Mountains. The local paper reports today that top international military officials from the United States and several other countries flew in to the Lake Clear airport on Friday for the weekend. Among the passengers who disembarked from the jet with the words “United States of America” on the side were the Joint Chiefs of Staff and their counterparts from other countries such as France and Germany. The Italians came in later on a separate jet. Apparently they missed the official plane because the barista took too long preparing their cappuccinos to go. I hope they all remembered their long undies since it was 21 degrees here at the homestead this morning.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
yoga Adirondack views eye candy outdoor living Summer Lake Placid Real Estate nature Seasons weather Telemark Tuesday The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wildflowers Spring Mt. Marcy Fall Ziggy Real Estate cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Moose Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation Wildlife Alpine skiing foliage Nordic skiing hiking skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market deer outdoors swimming Whiteface Toll Road trail running holidays backcountry skiing maple syrup Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid Snow Pics wellness Fall foliage Snow Whiteface Mountain
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike