Fall is my favorite time of year for hiking. The annoying bugs are thankfully dead and the cool temperatures make working hard a pleasure. Aside from the slippery leaves on the way down, Fall is a great time to hike in the Adirondacks. Pitchoff Mountain, accessible from Route 73 in Lake Placid, is a great hike. It is short and steep with awesome views of the High Peaks and the Bobsled/Luge run from the top. The upcoming long weekend is supposed to be perfect for Adirondack hiking. Although, my friends in the tourism industry tell me it is one of the biggest weekends of the year for visitors since it is Canadian Thanksgiving and Columbus weekend in the United States. So, if you plan to visit and hike in the Adirondacks this weekend, start early!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Alpine skiing Mt. Marcy Snow Nordic skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market backcountry skiing outdoor living The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics Lake Placid Road Cycling hiking Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife outdoors Wildflowers nature wellness outdoor recreation maple syrup Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Moose Mt. Van Hoevenberg cross-country skiing Bears Lake Placid the lake yoga Fall foliage Spring skiing Fall Ziggy trail running foliage Whiteface Mountain Adirondack views Telemark Tuesday eye candy weather Lake Placid Real Estate deer swimming Summer Adirondack Lifestyle
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks