Fall is my favorite time of year for hiking. The annoying bugs are thankfully dead and the cool temperatures make working hard a pleasure. Aside from the slippery leaves on the way down, Fall is a great time to hike in the Adirondacks. Pitchoff Mountain, accessible from Route 73 in Lake Placid, is a great hike. It is short and steep with awesome views of the High Peaks and the Bobsled/Luge run from the top. The upcoming long weekend is supposed to be perfect for Adirondack hiking. Although, my friends in the tourism industry tell me it is one of the biggest weekends of the year for visitors since it is Canadian Thanksgiving and Columbus weekend in the United States. So, if you plan to visit and hike in the Adirondacks this weekend, start early!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack views maple syrup Mt. Van Hoevenberg Whiteface Mountain Seasons outdoor recreation Adirondack Great Camp Whiteface Toll Road outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather Snow Pics hiking Nordic skiing foliage trail running Fall Snow nature deer wellness Lake Placid Summer Telemark Tuesday Wildlife Fall foliage holidays Lake Placid Real Estate Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle The Adirondack Lifestyle Alpine skiing Ziggy eye candy Wildflowers swimming Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoors Mt. Marcy backcountry skiing yoga Spring Moose skiing cross-country skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike