One of the many reasons I have chosen to live this sometimes backward Adirondack Lifestyle is because it is nice, quiet, private and a good place to think. I do my best problem solving if I spend some time outdoors, daily. I figure that is why all those military leaders held their meetings here a few weeks ago. Those folks have a lot of problems with solutions pending. I hope they all went on some nice, long hikes or runs. On another more important topic, it appears we have big early season storm underway. The good news is that now all that thinking can take place on skis. Today’s photo is a shot of the Adirondack High Peaks, taken from the corner of the Loj Road and Route 73, early one morning last week.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Spring cross-country skiing Ziggy The Adirondack Lifestyle foliage Lake Placid Alpine skiing Fall deer Snow Pics weather Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack views Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Great Camp Summer skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain outdoors Real Estate Bears Lake Placid Real Estate nature Telemark Tuesday outdoor recreation Road Cycling backcountry skiing Moose wellness maple syrup Mt. Van Hoevenberg Fall foliage Wildflowers trail running eye candy swimming Mt. Marcy Wildlife Nordic skiing yoga Snow hiking outdoor living
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid