As you can see in today’s view from home, we received a foot of snow yesterday afternoon and overnight from the October 2008 Nor’easter. It is still snowing out and I’ll have more later today about the skiing. Since this is a blog about what it is like to live in the Great White North of the Adirondacks, I’ll tell you part of this lifestyle is getting out of the driveway after a big snow when the snowplow guy hasn’t plowed yet! Umm, or, not getting out.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife Adirondack views Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Summer Mt. Marcy Nordic skiing Whiteface Mountain deer Fall foliage yoga Snow Pics swimming Adirondack Lifestyle wellness outdoor recreation Alpine skiing cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp outdoors outdoor living Moose Telemark Tuesday Bears backcountry skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg maple syrup Ziggy The Adirondack Lifestyle skiing weather hiking Real Estate trail running Fall foliage Lake Placid Spring Snow Adirondack Real Estate Market nature Lake Placid the lake Road Cycling eye candy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid