As I’ve mentioned before, moose are making a big comeback in the Adirondacks of upstate New York. The resident biologist is hitting the “Be careful driving!” message pretty hard lately since three moose have been spotted loitering in the neighborhood, heading South on Route 73, just outside of the Village of Lake Placid. Dawn and dusk are the particularly dangerous times, but you could see them anytime since anything is possible when it comes to love and this is their amorous time of year.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
eye candy Snow Nordic skiing Ziggy backcountry skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg foliage yoga nature Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing outdoors Whiteface Toll Road Lake Placid Real Estate Snow Pics Mt. Marcy Wildflowers maple syrup trail running Summer cross-country skiing Wildlife Spring Fall weather swimming Moose outdoor recreation Whiteface Mountain hiking Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Telemark Tuesday outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Real Estate skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Fall foliage deer Seasons holidays Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack views Lake Placid wellness
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike