As I’ve mentioned before, moose are making a big comeback in the Adirondacks of upstate New York. The resident biologist is hitting the “Be careful driving!” message pretty hard lately since three moose have been spotted loitering in the neighborhood, heading South on Route 73, just outside of the Village of Lake Placid. Dawn and dusk are the particularly dangerous times, but you could see them anytime since anything is possible when it comes to love and this is their amorous time of year.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
eye candy cross-country skiing Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp backcountry skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Summer Adirondack views deer Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor living wellness skiing weather Wildflowers The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics Adirondack Lifestyle hiking Whiteface Mountain yoga outdoor recreation Mt. Van Hoevenberg Nordic skiing Spring Bears Fall Moose swimming Wildlife Ziggy Adirondack Real Estate Market Telemark Tuesday maple syrup trail running Road Cycling Mt. Marcy outdoors Lake Placid the lake nature foliage Fall foliage Snow Alpine skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid