As I’ve mentioned a number of times, moose are making a big comeback in the Adirondack North Country of upstate New York. Apparently, these mellow creatures like hanging out in the wet, boggy section of the Cascade Ski Touring ski trails (I’m glad someone likes that section) along Route 73, outside the Village of Lake Placid. Two bulls and a cow have made themselves comfortable in the neighborhood. It is pretty neat to have the moose around, but I am supposed to remind everyone to be careful driving; hitting a moose can do a world of hurt to a car and those inside. Oh, and it is ILLEGAL to shoot a moose in New York State. Thanks to Penny for today’s photo of Mrs. Bulwinkle.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Telemark Tuesday Adirondack views weather wellness Lake Placid the lake Real Estate swimming Alpine skiing Mt. Marcy Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Real Estate Market Bears Road Cycling cross-country skiing outdoor recreation Adirondack Great Camp nature Snow Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid maple syrup Lake Placid Real Estate eye candy outdoor living deer Ziggy Fall outdoors trail running skiing yoga foliage Nordic skiing hiking Fall foliage Wildlife The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics backcountry skiing Wildflowers Spring Summer Mt. Van Hoevenberg Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid