As I’ve mentioned a number of times, moose are making a big comeback in the Adirondack North Country of upstate New York. Apparently, these mellow creatures like hanging out in the wet, boggy section of the Cascade Ski Touring ski trails (I’m glad someone likes that section) along Route 73, outside the Village of Lake Placid. Two bulls and a cow have made themselves comfortable in the neighborhood. It is pretty neat to have the moose around, but I am supposed to remind everyone to be careful driving; hitting a moose can do a world of hurt to a car and those inside. Oh, and it is ILLEGAL to shoot a moose in New York State. Thanks to Penny for today’s photo of Mrs. Bulwinkle.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
nature maple syrup yoga Real Estate eye candy backcountry skiing Nordic skiing Alpine skiing swimming Mt. Marcy Whiteface Toll Road skiing hiking Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Adirondack Real Estate Market Ziggy Adirondack views Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Fall foliage outdoors Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory deer holidays weather outdoor recreation Fall Adirondack Great Camp Spring Summer outdoor living trail running Seasons cross-country skiing Whiteface Mountain Snow Snow Pics Wildlife wellness foliage Wildflowers Moose The Adirondack Lifestyle
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike