As I try to show in today’s Adirondack photo, it was a stunning drive to the office this morning. (Click on the picture for a better idea.) It is an “Adirondack Blue” day with morning temperatures in the upper 30s. Adirondack Blue, by the way, is a color I didn’t know existed until I moved here. There is actually a Ralph Lauren paint color called “Adirondack Blue,” and a potato named “Adirondack Blue,” and Roy Hurd even wrote a song called “Adirondack Blue,” as did Kevin Bacon. All that to say it is a delightful Adirondack Blue Fall day here in Lake Placid!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid the lake Spring Wildflowers Bears Real Estate yoga Alpine skiing maple syrup skiing outdoor living Snow Pics foliage weather Mt. Marcy Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage Fall Lake Placid Real Estate Road Cycling Adirondack Lifestyle Telemark Tuesday The Adirondack Lifestyle Summer Lake Placid deer backcountry skiing eye candy wellness outdoors outdoor recreation Adirondack views Whiteface Mountain hiking cross-country skiing Moose Wildlife Snow trail running Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Nordic skiing nature swimming Ziggy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid