Even if you are not interested in jumping off the 1980 Olympic Ski Jumps, you can ride an elevator to the top for a taste of how outrageous it is to even consider jumping. This would be a great weekend to do it since you can dance an Irish jig and lift a pint with the boys at the same time! The Olympic Ski Jumps will host “The Festival of Ireland” this weekend and, like most events in Lake Placid, it is sure to be a blast. Be careful though, about lifting too many pints with the boys as you just might find yourself giving those jumps a try!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
backcountry skiing maple syrup swimming nature Fall Adirondack views wellness Wildlife Snow Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Ziggy The Adirondack Lifestyle Nordic skiing Telemark Tuesday foliage Mt. Marcy Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Real Estate Market Whiteface Mountain skiing outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Road Cycling yoga outdoors Fall foliage Alpine skiing Moose Snow Pics Wildflowers Spring Lake Placid the lake Lake Placid hiking deer cross-country skiing Lake Placid Real Estate trail running Adirondack Property for Sale Bears outdoor recreation eye candy weather Real Estate
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid