I consider August 1 the first day of Fall in the Adirondacks. My friends and family who don’t live in the Adirondacks think I am exaggerating, that it does not really get that cold here, or that the leaves do not start to change in late July or early August. So, just to make a point I have posted today’s photo of leaves changing on the Van Hoevenberg Road already. Of course, the point is if Fall has arrived, then snow (and skiing!!!) can’t be too far behind. Psyche!!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory nature The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack views Telemark Tuesday Nordic skiing Mt. Marcy wellness eye candy outdoor living Snow Pics Alpine skiing trail running Mt. Van Hoevenberg backcountry skiing Snow Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing outdoor recreation Fall foliage Wildlife Wildflowers holidays foliage Seasons Adirondack Great Camp Moose Whiteface Toll Road outdoors yoga Summer Fall hiking swimming Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid Real Estate Spring deer weather skiing maple syrup Adirondack Real Estate Market Ziggy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike