I consider August 1 the first day of Fall in the Adirondacks. My friends and family who don’t live in the Adirondacks think I am exaggerating, that it does not really get that cold here, or that the leaves do not start to change in late July or early August. So, just to make a point I have posted today’s photo of leaves changing on the Van Hoevenberg Road already. Of course, the point is if Fall has arrived, then snow (and skiing!!!) can’t be too far behind. Psyche!!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid the lake maple syrup Adirondack Great Camp deer skiing foliage cross-country skiing Spring hiking The Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers Road Cycling outdoors Fall trail running wellness Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid Ziggy swimming Snow Pics Nordic skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Real Estate Snow Moose nature Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Telemark Tuesday Summer weather Mt. Marcy Wildlife yoga backcountry skiing Adirondack views Alpine skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor recreation eye candy Bears Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor living
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid