After what seems like weeks of rain, the sun is finally shining at the homestead here in the Adirondacks. For someone like me who has to be outdoors as much as possible, nonstop torrential rain and gray skies can certainly do a number on the psyche. But it looks so lovely when it stops I forget all about how that prodigious rain turned my picnic table green! The green picnic table is my reminder that it is rain that makes the Adirondack Mountains so lush.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
The Adirondack Lifestyle holidays hiking outdoor recreation cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp Nordic skiing Seasons wellness Adirondack views eye candy Whiteface Mountain weather Telemark Tuesday Wildflowers Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildlife yoga Mt. Marcy Summer foliage skiing Real Estate trail running Fall nature maple syrup backcountry skiing Snow Mt. Van Hoevenberg Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors outdoor living Alpine skiing Moose Whiteface Toll Road Lake Placid Spring Lake Placid Real Estate deer Adirondack Real Estate Market swimming Snow Pics
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike