After what seems like weeks of rain, the sun is finally shining at the homestead here in the Adirondacks. For someone like me who has to be outdoors as much as possible, nonstop torrential rain and gray skies can certainly do a number on the psyche. But it looks so lovely when it stops I forget all about how that prodigious rain turned my picnic table green! The green picnic table is my reminder that it is rain that makes the Adirondack Mountains so lush.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Great Camp swimming Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Summer Ziggy Fall nature yoga Wildlife weather trail running Lake Placid Mt. Van Hoevenberg Nordic skiing eye candy maple syrup Real Estate Snow Pics hiking Adirondack Real Estate Market Telemark Tuesday Adirondack views Moose Fall foliage Mt. Marcy Road Cycling backcountry skiing skiing outdoor living Lake Placid the lake Wildflowers Bears Spring Whiteface Mountain outdoor recreation outdoors cross-country skiing deer The Adirondack Lifestyle Alpine skiing Snow wellness
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid