It is pouring rain outside and at 11:10 we are almost four and a half hours into the Ironman Lake Placid Triathlon. The photo (click to enlarge) shows the two race leaders, Bjorn Andersson from Sweden and Francicsco Pontano from Spain. You can see they are very close as they approach the key check point of the race at the bottom of the homestead driveway. The rest of the pack, even the third place person, is at least 8 minutes back. There have been some wrecks and those competitors are out of the race today. It is very rainy and foggy out; these are not conditions conducive to steep, fast downhills of which this course has plenty.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
holidays cross-country skiing Mt. Marcy foliage Nordic skiing weather wellness outdoors eye candy Whiteface Mountain Adirondack views maple syrup deer Fall foliage Spring Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle Telemark Tuesday Seasons The Adirondack Lifestyle Wildlife Mt. Van Hoevenberg nature Whiteface Toll Road Summer swimming hiking trail running Adirondack Great Camp yoga backcountry skiing Moose Wildflowers outdoor living Ziggy skiing outdoor recreation Adirondack Real Estate Market Snow Fall Real Estate Lake Placid Alpine skiing Snow Pics
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike