It is pouring rain outside and at 11:10 we are almost four and a half hours into the Ironman Lake Placid Triathlon. The photo (click to enlarge) shows the two race leaders, Bjorn Andersson from Sweden and Francicsco Pontano from Spain. You can see they are very close as they approach the key check point of the race at the bottom of the homestead driveway. The rest of the pack, even the third place person, is at least 8 minutes back. There have been some wrecks and those competitors are out of the race today. It is very rainy and foggy out; these are not conditions conducive to steep, fast downhills of which this course has plenty.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Lifestyle Wildlife Real Estate maple syrup Adirondack Real Estate Market Moose yoga Fall Mt. Van Hoevenberg Wildflowers outdoor recreation nature backcountry skiing deer skiing foliage swimming Snow Adirondack Property for Sale Whiteface Mountain Telemark Tuesday Nordic skiing trail running Road Cycling Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory weather hiking outdoors The Adirondack Lifestyle Fall foliage outdoor living Spring Ziggy Adirondack views Alpine skiing wellness Bears Snow Pics cross-country skiing Lake Placid the lake Mt. Marcy Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid Real Estate eye candy Lake Placid
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid