It is quite a treat to be able to ease into my day with a quiet cup of tea on the front deck at the homestead. I tried to capture the sunrise on the mountains out front for my loyal readers, especially the one in Connecticut, but my photos never seem to do the view justice. Well, the thought is there. The Chickadees, Robins, White-throated Sparrows and Warblers are practicing their scales and thankfully, the baby crows have finally learned to fly and have flown the coop! These are the moments I relish, thankful I live here in the Adirondacks. Even though I face a hectic work day, nothing beats a start like this.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Real Estate Market hiking Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views Summer Snow Wildflowers outdoor recreation The Adirondack Lifestyle wellness Nordic skiing outdoor living Wildlife nature Whiteface Mountain Ziggy Lake Placid the lake Bears foliage yoga Real Estate trail running Fall foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory swimming cross-country skiing Telemark Tuesday Mt. Van Hoevenberg Moose Lake Placid Real Estate Snow Pics eye candy skiing Alpine skiing Lake Placid Spring Fall weather deer Adirondack Lifestyle Road Cycling outdoors backcountry skiing Mt. Marcy maple syrup
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid