The Tree Frogs were particularly melodious last night here at the homestead. You can listen here to get an idea of last night’s dinner music. There are tons of things to do in the Adirondacks this time of year. The Lake Placid Horse Show begins today and the weather is beautiful for opening day. The Village of Lake Placid is bustling with athletes, visitors and campers. Can Am Hockey Camps and Summer Figure Skating Camps provide a staple stream of activity. Add the Horse Show attendees, hikers, bikers, campers, paddlers, and all those people in cars from New Jersey, and you get quite a bit of bustle. That’s one of the reasons it is so nice to live a little bit outside of town; less bustle and more tree frog serenades.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Van Hoevenberg Mt. Marcy Real Estate Lake Placid The Adirondack Lifestyle yoga outdoor living Road Cycling Telemark Tuesday wellness Fall foliage deer Lake Placid Real Estate Nordic skiing Snow Pics Fall Moose Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors Wildlife Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Lake Placid the lake outdoor recreation nature hiking backcountry skiing trail running Wildflowers cross-country skiing maple syrup Summer skiing foliage Adirondack views Bears swimming Adirondack Real Estate Market weather Snow Alpine skiing eye candy Adirondack Great Camp Spring
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid